- This event has passed.
Riyaz Motan, MFT ~ Embodied Presence: Listening and Guiding from Wholeness ~ 4-part Course
Friday, July 10, 2020 @ and Fridays, July 17, 24 & 31, 10:00am - 12:30pm (Pacific Time)
Event will be recorded and emailed to participants after each meeting.
You’re welcome to join even if you can’t attend all the live sessions.
Fridays, July 10, 17, 24, 31
10:00 am – 12:30 pm, Pacific Time
This course is for healers — psychotherapists, counselors, interns, psychology students, transformational coaches, spiritual counselors, holistic practitioners, body/mind workers and other related healers that are interested the therapeutic applications of nondual wisdom. It is an invitation to explore our healing work as a sacred path of embodied awakening.
While many of us already have our own spiritual practices that support and inform us in our work; this course invites us to more deeply explore and integrate our awakening into our work with clients. We will learn to attune to presence, and practice listening and relating from our deepest ground. In doing so, we open ourselves up to the root source of healing and wholeness — the ground of being; we open up our bodies and our innate sensitivity, and we allow for the emergence of intuition and heart wisdom to inform and guide our healing work.
Over the course of four weekly meetings, we will explore the following areas:
- Listening, speaking, and relating from embodied presence.
- Being the context, not getting lost in content
- Learning to rest in, and trust, the unknown.
- Energetic resonance; listening with your whole being/whole body.
- Creating ‘experiential portals’; honing in on your clients’ beliefs, feelings, sensations, and the relational field to facilitate spontaneous and deep discovery.
- Inviting the client to explore their experience from unconditional presence; helping them to drop below the problem-solving mind, to be fully present and open, and to allow for the spontaneous unfolding of their experience.
- Exploring the foundational role of energetic transmission in the healing relationship.
Riyaz Motan, MFT is a licensed psychotherapist and has been in practice for over 20 years. He has been a long-time clinical supervisor to students and interns, as well as serving as an adjunct professor at the California Institute of Integral Studies.
In 2013, Riyaz took over teaching The Art of Listening at CIIS from his mentor, John Prendergast, PhD., who is a seminal figure and pioneer in the nondual approach to psychotherapy. Riyaz offers consultation, trainings and presentations on this nondual approach to psychotherapy.
Sliding Scale: $60 to $120
No one turned away for lack of funds.
Please register early if you can.